Nimbus or Suzuki?

April 9, 2023

Common sense suggests I fly over and just rent a bike, like travel companion Axel does. Or buy something interesting, which Danish resident Andreas in Tokyo has offered to help with. I'm seriously considering a Suzuki SW-1, the motorcycle equivalent of 'My Neighbor Totoro'.
   It's all of 250 cc, a mere 200 were built in 1992 only so ultra rare, and it's as enclosed & practical as my Ariel Leader. It's only $5K, and who knows, maybe I'll like it enough to keep it.


Then again, to help pay for this trip by selling articles about it, the Nimbus is a better choice, and likely opens more doors over there, as Nimbuses are apt to do abroad. Plus I just like that old thing more than any other bike. A week of frustration getting the bike to run right is finally rewarded, and I decide to send it over by air, even if Gretha will hate me for it.
   Building a crate of heat treated (necessary for Japan) scrap wood takes me 3 days.   


         


Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog